These pests are so small that we can hardly see them around. But they are as irritating as any other pest on our planet. Which is why, getting rid of them, or better still, preventing them is the way to go, in order to get some good sleep. That’s why, here, we are going to talk all about bed bug infestation prevention.
Bed bugs usually land up in the cushions and bedding that is not changed or washed properly for some period of time. And mind you, they get all comfy in the corners and places we cannot see, in the bed mattresses and furniture cushions. Many people don’t even realize that their house has been infested by bed bugs, until these pests have made a good stronghold around. Therefore, the bed bug infestation signs are very important to be aware of. So first, let us see how does one identify if there is a bed bug problem in the first place.
Bed Bug Infestation Signs
- You get an itch only after you get into the bed or sit down on the couch. All day long, this itch was not there. If this happens more than once, it is a sure sign of bed bug infestation.
- You see spots on the bedsheets or cushion covers, which is more easily identifiable when the sheets are the lighter colored type. These spots are as a result of blood marks and waste that the bugs leave in their trail.
- Bed bug bites often result into beg bug rash. As mentioned above, you don’t seem to get this rash anytime when you are out of the house. It is only when you get to bed, that the itchiness starts, and you are plagued with the irritating scratchy red rash.
Need I say, that bed bug infestation treatment will be your top priority if you are facing this menace. Here are some great, yet simple tips that you could follow to prevent this problem at home.
Bed Bug Infestation Prevention Tips
- The first thing that you should do is remove all the bedding, covers, cushions, and get them out in the sun. This will get the pesky bugs to come out of their cozy hidings and run off.
- Now all the stuff needs to be sent to the laundry, for some really nice washing. This will eliminate any trace of the bugs, so that when you get them back to use, the infestation will not happen again.
- A thorough vacuuming needs to be done to all the furniture and beds, especially the ones in the hall and bedroom.
- You can also lay your hands on some good bug spray that is available in the market, and spray the infested areas well.
- If the infestation turns out to be severe, get a pest control done by professionals. Besides, regular home pest control is something that every household should indulge in.
As I said at the start, tackling this problem is no rocket science. Besides, we all are aware that prevention is better than cure. So make sure you change and wash your bedding, covers, and cushions on a regular basis, keep the place spic and span, and there will be no reason why these pests should invade your lovely home.