Hello and welcome to CoolWriteups
- Project Server 2007;
- MOSS 2007;
- SharePoint Content Deployment Wizard (2.8 Beta by Chris O’Brien)
The usual disclaimer applies, please backup your environment and use your development and test environment before progressing to the production environment. You take responsibility for your actions.
How to copy documents (files) from one Document Library to another library in a different workspace:
Make sure you have two workspace like:
- Export method should be ExportAll,
- Include versions should be All,
- Include Security should be All;
- To import the document library “Initiation” into the PWA1 workspace, open the SharePoint Content Deployment Wizard, select the Import option, in the Site URL enter the full address for the PWA workspace and for the Import Web URL enter the full address for the PWA1 workspace. You can probably get away with simply using”/PWA1” for the Import Web URL;
- In the Import Settings page, browse to the .cmp file to import and
- Include security should be All,
- Version options should be Overwrite,
- User info update should be ImportAll;
- Click Next, check and recheck all the information on the screen and then click Finish.
The above Export and Import processes should work provided a document library with the same name and field structure exists in PWA1. The files in the PWA1 document library will have all the versions and users retained as they were in the original PWA document library.
Contact Me link in the top menu.