- Stop the User Profile Synchronization Service running on the Application Server
- Open Central Administration and navigate to Security > Configure Managed Accounts
- Click the Edit button in line with the Farm account
- Check the Change password now checkbox and enter a new password. Remember to make a note of this password and click ok.
If you receive an ‘Access is Denied’ error, log into the Active Directory Server, right click the Farm account username and bring up the properties. Click the Account tab and ensure that the ‘User Cannot Change Password’ checkbox is unchecked.
- Once this is done, you will need to update the password for the Forefront Identity Manager Service and Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service under Services on the Application Server.
- Make sure the Farm account is added to the Administrator’s group on the Application server and start the User Profile Synchronization Service under System Settings > Manager Services on Server.
- Once the service is running, reboot the Web Front End and Application Servers.