Nobody likes to come home from a hard day’s work looking to relax quietly, only to be bitten and irritated by some pesky mosquitoes. And then, we all need a good night’s sleep, to be rejuvenated for the next day’s challenges that lie ahead. But if our sleep is disturbed all night by some mosquitoes buzzing around and biting us, then we all know how the next day would go! Zzzzzz…
There are many ways in which people keep these pests away. From nets to creams to home appliances, they are all there. But here I am going to tell you how to prevent mosquito bites naturally. So have a look at these simple tips on preventing mosquito bites, and never have to sustain a mosquito attack ever again.
Tips on How to Prevent Mosquito Bites Naturally
- A simple, yet effected method is to simply close all the doors and windows of your house properly, and switch on the fan at a reasonable speed.
- At home wear light colored and loose clothes. It is believed that mosquitoes are more attracted to darker clothes, and also when they are tight, it is easier for them to sit on the cloth and bite through.
- Make sure that before you sleep, you have had a shower or a thorough wash in the late evening. Do not leave on yourself any perfume or sweet smelling product. Mosquitoes are attracted to the sweet smell, so if you are all washed up, it will help keep them away easier.
- Neem leaves is an ancient method of keeping mosquitoes away, though I must warn you that the smell is not very pleasant. Just burn a few after you have closed up your windows, and this will help keep away these pests.
- Aloe vera, besides its tons of other benefits, is excellent for mosquito bites. Simply rubbing aloe vera gel on your skin will work wonders.
- Other prevention methods include the use of different oils. To name a few, you can use any of these: catnip essential oil, emu oil, and eucalyptus oil.
Besides all these mosquito prevention methods that I have mentioned here, the basic thing you need to do is keep your house clean. Make sure there are no moist areas around, see to it that the house smells nice and there is no foul smelling area around, no food should be left uncovered, and as far as possible, the dished should be done and dried before sleeping itself, instead of letting them sit spoiled all night long. With these proper hygienic means, and the above preventive measures, you won’t be having those pesky pests buzzing around all over the place.