You may notice that when you try to open up the new MOSS2007/ SharePoint 2010 intranet site up in Firefox only, it will prompt you to enter your username and password. This could be quite annoying for users so to work around this problem do the following:
Disabling the login prompt in Firefox 3.x
Follow the steps below to configure automatic login in Firefox 3.x.
- Open Firefox;
- Type ‘about:config’ into your Firefox address bar;
- When prompted, click ‘I’ll be careful, I promise’;
- Find the following ‘Preference Name’: network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris.
- Right-click it and select ‘Modify’;
- The ‘Enter string value’ dialogue box will appear. Type the URL of your Confluence site and the URL(s) of your SharePoint sites, separated by commas. For example: http://sharepoint; and
- Click ‘OK’.
This should fix the problem
If you receive the login prompt when trying to login to an alternate access mapping, chances are the AAM wasn’t set up right. Check out this article Alternate Access Mapping (AAM) in MOSS 2007 to configure it the right way.Derek Halstead is a SharePoint consultant as well as the founder and principal of CertifiedSolutionsAustralia.com and CoolWriteups.com. He has 16 years of experience in the IT industry, with over ten years focused on Microsoft SharePoint. He can be reached by using the Contact Me link in the top menu.