The drink of celebration, Champagne is a drink loved by one and all. Though it is not a drink consumed by everyone on a daily basis, the fact that it is linked to success and celebration makes it so very special. But did you know one thing! Though we all have an idea that it is a kind of wine, well sort of, only those that are produced in Champagne, France are the real ones. Any other such drink that has been made anywhere else in the world cannot be called the real Champagne.
Well with that bit of knowledge in the bag, now let us have a look at which are the best Champagne brands in the world. Here, I will tell you all about the popular champagne brands, and also give you an idea about the most talked about Champagne brands and prices. So, for your next celebration or party, you will now be in a position to make you pick according to your preference. And for those on a tight budget, fret not, ‘coz I will tell you about some cheap Champagne brands too.
Types of Champagne
First of all, let me tell you that there are different types of Champagnes. There is the sweet Champagne, which depends entirely on the quantity of sugar added while producing it. Then there is the Rosé Champagne, which is made from red grapes. This type is made either by adding some pinot noir wine to it, or from black grapes by letting the juice which is clear, macerate on its skin for some time. Cuvée de Prestige are Champagnes of the highest quality, and they are so good that they are usually named after celebrities or the likes. Then we have the Blanc de noirs which means white of blacks, or in simple terms, it is white Champagne that is made black grapes. Lastly, we have the Blanc de blancs, which is also known as the white of white, and is made exclusively from Chardonnay grapes.
Champagne Brands List
- Nicolas Feuillatte Palmes d’Or: USD 130
- Moët & Chandon Dom Pérignon: USD 200
- Champagne Perrier-Jouet Fleur de Champagne Rosé: USD 300
- Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Rosé: USD 350
- Ayala Cuvee Perle D’Ayala Millesime: USD 150
Dom Ruinart Rosé: USD 325
- Henriot Cuvee des Enchanteleurs: USD 215
- Dom Pérignon Rosé Champagne: USD 375
- Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame: USD 125
- Laurent Perrier Brut Rosé Champagne: USD 135
- NV Armand de Brignac Ace of Spades: USD 700
- Nicolas Feuillatte: USD 50
- Saint-Chamant Millésimé Brut Blanc de Blancs: USD 80
- Moet & Chandon Champagne White Star: USD 30
- Ariston Carte Blanche Brut Champagne: USD 25
- Gonet Medeville NV Blanc de Noirs: USD 60
- Veuve Clicquot Non Vintage: USD 35
These are some of the best Champagne brands that you can lay your hands on. The prices I have mentioned are approximate, and will slightly differ depending from where you are buying it from. And in this list, I have included Champagnes that start from around $25 and go up to around $700. There is also the Krug 1996 Clos d’Ambonnay which cost something like USD 2,250. So with such a diverse list of Champagnes here, take you pick and make sure that your upcoming celebration has just what it needs, Champagne!